Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Yeah definitely not a fan of handing out my RAW photos to anyone. OP your editing skills are on point

(I may not agree with some of the ideas on principle, such as adding motion blur where there was none to begin with, but that's largely irrelevant... although, it does point to why someone such as myself wouldn't want to hand out a RAW photo to another individual to edit. After a while we all tend to develop a personal style not only in how we shoot, but also in how we post process, and it becomes part of our overall artist style, something that is tangible and recognizable by others.)
I think that it's very interesting how many (most?) of us develop a recognizable style after a while. Even those of us that seek to be "realistic" will tend to be recognizable style. It's the combination of crop, contrast, saturation, etc. that becomes a "signature".

Five to ten of my people that I "Follow" on Flickr have such a style that I see it on a page of 60-images. I know it's Patricia, or Corey, or Jacques, etc. All of these people are nature photographers that lean toward the "real", but I still see their images jumping off the page when I look at a large collection.