11-29-2020, 11:18 AM   #8
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageMadness View Post
Nice shots and camera footage. Well done on the comparison and quite honestly I would also lean towards the more "analog" type 1M if the S55 wasn't such a great performance value in today's dollar. Paying high dollars for a 10 yr old BMW when you can get a modern factory warranted M car like the M2C for the same price doesn't make as much sense for a first time M owner like me. You're living the dream by experiencing both scenarios. I agree the M2C doesn't feel quite as raw as the older 1M. I've driven a 1M hard and know what you're describing. Infact nicely appointed low mileage ones are close to $70k now. I personally also like the Z4M and E90 platform for their "analog" nature and hydraulic steering. However after driving the M2C on a twisty road or on track, it's visceral HP/TQ and acceleration are undeniable. In the end if you can only afford one, you can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

Kudos!
I am glad you agree... I think these cars are so impressive for what they are but it saddens me when I think that they are a dying breed. "The Ultimate Driving Machine" isnt what BMW is any more... and if you think on it, BMW doesnt even use that slogan any more. Its because someone at BMW asked the question, "is that what buyers still want?" and unfortunately the answer is 'no.' What buyers want today is a status symbol which is closer related to luxury and tech than it is to driving dynamics and speed.

Hence why either of these cars are a must to consider if you love to drive and are a BMW fan.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 1