09-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #39
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
The N55 makes ~365 HP stock, and a sport cat DP bumped that up to 412 HP? Seems to be reading a bit high, imo.

But it's about the relative gains, and the after curve looks much better on the top end for sure!
Stock tune - BEFORE chart - 412HP at the crank/350WHP with just a 300cpi DP seems to indicate an optimistic dyno.

AFTER chart - the change in shape at the top end in is same/similar to what I saw when I added Pure inlet to my M135i n55. Inlet upgrade is definitely worth doing IMHO, peak of +8WHP at +500rpm ie almost at the redline demonstrates stock inlet is bottle-necking comp side of stock n55 turbo.

Oddly, torque curve is worse throughtout 2nd chart as low rpm spike then trough straight afterwards may hint at the car not being tied down/position correctly on the dyno's rollers.

3ptp - Great result as-is - just eyeballing - area under the power curve is roughly +30% whereas torque curve is less. I'd suggest you get the car re-dyno'd on Dyno Dynamics dyno as these tend to more realistic in terms of actual numbers.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0