View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #33
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post

Here's the after, made 421hp but look at the high rpm the power is maintained much better till red line. I assume that's what we'd expect with the turbo breathing better?

I checked again today the guy reckoned their dyno is fairly accurate but thinking is my car running a tune lol?

Same tank of fuel used.

Mods are DO88 intercooler, MST turbo inlet V2, forge charge pipe, turbosmart plumback, Milltek sports cat, Tesco Momentum

The throttle response is amazing, the car makes some different sounds internally at times altogether its throatier and more raw sounding in all drive modes. Even comfort now sounds psuedo-exotic.

Hope to get a chance to ring her out on B roads this weekend coming. Not especially sure I need to mess things now with BM3, tho I had wanted to code cold start out.

Pre-intercooler being upgraded three runs were done in quick back to back succession, in fact the third run made the most power. So much for my heatsoak theory, on the dyno at least it didn't display this behaviour.

I have convinced myself I can feel it on the road in some circumstances however.

Car feels like a big N/A lump now it's lovely.
Can you clarify the mods before and after, please?
Appreciate 0