DazC
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Pack

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_BMW View Post
This is very much the position I'm in. RIS due next week. The OPF's are coming off! Once you've heard the M3/4's then keeping the stock midpipe (source of silencing) isn't really worthwhile.

BM3 seems to be the best option. I've asked various well-known UK tuners and prices vary from £600 through £2k plus depending on just removing the OPF sensors from the software, through to stage 1 tuning 500hp+.

From what I've read, BM3 OEM CS tune doesn't look for the OPF sensors so can be good to go. Alternatively, you can raise a ticket with PTF and they will be able to apply a fix to delete the OPF software from whichever map you choose.

I'd be happy 460hp (CS) map in all honesty. Just anything to get rid of those filters...

Edit: make sure to remove the OPF's from the ECU before changing the exhaust. Once the filters are removed, any WOT over 5k causes limp mode.
Thanks for the reply.

So essentially you'll need to map the car to the CS map for example prior to fitting the full system exhaust?

This would then tide you over until an effective and cost efficient mapping solution is found?

Such a bloody hassle compared to our friends across the pond.
Lotus Emira (on order)
Appreciate 0