View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #65
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
So been doing a ton of research and looking into ohlins for my M2C. As my set up will be predominately for street use, with occasional track visits. I was researching alternative spring rates as the recommended rates seemed pretty high and a few around here have gone with lower front and rear rates or just lower rear rates.

So I gave Ohlin a call and their tech recommended going with 70nm (400lbs) fronts (vs. 90nm (513lbs) recommended) and leaving the rears at 190nm (1,075lbs). He stressed that the rear rates were not too high and given the rear pressure and less undulations in the rear, you didn't want to have your rear dampers bottom out. Softening up the fronts would have a larger impact on the ride quality given the fronts had much more undulations. He further referenced that the e9x M3 kit came with 60nm front springs on an arguably heavier car, explaining that 70nm was not too soft by any means.

I'm by no means a suspension expert nor have I had much experience with Ohlins enough to understand the technical reasoning, so wanted to get the crowds feedback on the recommended rates above.

Thanks in advance!
Interesting feedback. For what it's worth, my performance shop have experience with R&T's (not sure if for M2's or other BMW variants) and they recommend I leave the specs stock. They said anything lower defeats the purpose of them and that the R&T by their nature are tuned more towards the street than the track anyway.
Appreciate 0