View Single Post
      06-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #252
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
The current one is but the next one will probably be lighter than it is now since it will be on the same underpinnings as the Supra/Z4. The Supra is also heavier than the Cayman and they are still competitors.
Having driven a Cayman and Cayman S 6mt immediately prior to my first foray in an M2, I couldn't care less about the added weight. The M2 felt immensely more powerful, spirited, and yet forgiving. The 60-100 extra horsepower for the M2 vs the base 718 Cayman made the driving experience wholly different. While they might technically have people cross-shopping them, I think I'd be more inclined to compare the Z4 to the 718s. The manual on the M2 was also much smoother. Sure, the Porsche transmission was remarkably precise, but the M2s manual just made me feel like I was a better on a manual transmission than I actually was. No accidental jerkiness, no lugging starts off the line, just a blast. I don't even want to look at the Supra, either. From the moment it was released I had no interest, and I don't know why.
Appreciate 0