View Single Post
      10-03-2023, 08:03 PM   #22
fourthchirpin
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C, VW GTI 3.6, Infiniti G25x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeko View Post
Yeah, that's definitely a dilemma. You probably know a lot of this but here's my thought process:

The biggest difference with the EDC vs DDC is that the EDC will sense and constantly adjust the damping to, as I understand it, assist with grip and body roll among other things. I haven't experienced it firsthand yet so I can't say how effective it is, especially with aftermarket dampers.

The DDC lets you change the static rate of the dampers pretty much the same as adjusting the valves on non electronic dampers. But then again, most people run adjustable coilovers and don't really change the settings much unless they're going between road or different tracks.

Personally I'd be fine with the DDC, I literally just wanted the system to integrate into the cluster and be able to use the M buttons and have presets, etc, and that alone was worth the effort of going through retrofitting EDC. I don't like drilling holes for aftermarket buttons and things like that, regardless of how nice or expensive the gear is. If that doesn't bother you, the DDC route might be easier just because of the extra effort going EDC takes.

I didnt think the EDC was that dynamic. Id love to see more bmw literature for that constant adjusting of the dampeners while in each mode. I dont daily my M2 so im fine with how stiff the suspension is from the factory in fact I think its perfect. Ive driving in NYC a bit and didn't find it to be too harsh when being aware.

The Evolve suspension looks good. I prefer the OEM+ and integrating the EDC. the way the car should have come IMO.

You need some youtube videos of the install. and some of the setup software....
Appreciate 0