View Single Post
      09-24-2023, 07:07 PM   #8
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthchirpin View Post
photos of placement of module or other things. Not sure wherer they live in the factory cars thats why I was curious of photos. I guess you dont have time for that.

couldn't you just get all the edc wiring from a single car?
Ah okay. I used this thread for pictures of factory VDC location: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1899261

FYI the foam module holder should be the following: Control unit support 61359277022

Theoretically yes, however it's almost impossible to find an EDC harness. I looked for several weeks and gave up. The part numbers for the harnesses are identical because it only includes the basic features, not the options such as EDC. You'd need to find someone parting an EDC car and have them pull the entire harness. I was quoted $2,000 for a harness for an F82 by a business that parts a lot of M cars; most of the cost was just labor. It would take maybe 4 hours and $200 in parts and wire to make one.

Most yards don't pull wiring harnesses because they usually don't sell well, and even if they do have a harness for the chassis they don't typically have the VIN for you to check what features the car it came from had. You may have better luck depending if you know of or can find someone parting a car locally.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00