View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #25
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricVR4 View Post
Read an article yesterday about the FDA approving a blood test to see if people have had the virus and developed an immunity to it. Assuming that's a timely thing that can happen, that can give people with the immunity the ability to go back to normal day life with "immunity wristbands" and get the economy going a little again.

That would help a lot I would think. I'm not a virologist or in any way knowledgeable of the medical field, but it also seems like that could potentially allow the virus to mutate and then start an infection all over again....maybe?

Either way, I think life as we used to know it is gone. I'm sure our new reality won't be wildly different from how it used to be but I imagine some changes will be made. I would guess a minimum of 6 months to a year before everything is "normal" again though.
I had thought about this too. Getting a sort of 'pass' to roam free after you have the antibodies in your blood.

problem is that then people who have immunity would get preferential treatment. those who quarantined and followed the rules to avoid the virus would be left jobless as no one would want to hire them. It would incentivize people getting sick.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 0