View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #274
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Ill do you one better, I used to work as an engineer for Nissan. I know what you are talking about, still not convinced something like that was the "real" issue.

Not sure on the snowchain argument as I have never read up on it (dont get enough snow where I live). I could imagine that so long as the winter wheel package is homologated for chains that would be enough to meet that particular requirement.

There is no real point in arguing further. BMW choose the mods to the CS as a compromise of many factors and not as a way to make the CS as fast as possible, that is my only point.
My apologies if it came across as argumentative. Not my intent. I think your point is valid, and likely - that BMW compromised and didn't make it as fast as they could have, and potentially in some areas that could have been really easy like the wheels. I was more intending to highlight that it was a "could" have been easy rather than "is" easy to make such a change. If you worked at Nissan, and as another engineer, you know exactly what I mean and the point doesn't need to be belabored. The horse is fully dead, and tender.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
Megator517.50