View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 08:02 AM   #272
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
All of these things are surmountable and some had to already be done anyways due to other changes. ie emissions need to be redone anyways due to the CS tune.

Swapping to the M3/4 CS wheel package would cost peanuts and would improve performance, yet they did not do so likely because they need to handicap the M2CS.

The diameter change to M3/4 19" tire sizes is less than that to M3/4 18" tire sizes. I am running 18" M3/4 tire sizes on a bone stock M2C without any issues. The TC, ABS, etc have a measure of adaptability built in.
You are correct in this being less of an issue than I thought. I had not done the actual math and was mentally comparing the 285/30/20 on the M4/comp against a 265/35/19 for the M2 and assumed the total diameter was significantly different. It's only .4" which is hardly anything. I don't know either how offsets etc work out and what people have stuffed into the wheel wells on M2C's without rubbing. I think the snow chain point is a solid one though, and does fit into the additional regulations issue that I was bringing up. I work in a the appliance industry and you'd be shocked sometimes at how difficult it is to do something insanely trivial on something like a fridge or dishwasher because of the implications, time, and cost from regulation. Several of our suppliers are automotive (one of them makes the C8 vette transmission selector for example) and I've had these conversations with other engineers plenty of times.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0