View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 04:02 AM   #269
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I think there are so many factors in play around regulations, testing for approval in markets etc that affect this as well that it's not always easy to know what they had to deal with or not. Going to the larger total diameter wheel and tire combo on the M3/M4 would have all sorts of other impacts including things like traction control mapping, emissions/mpg, etc. If you look at the sizes in the Cup 2 tires at 19's there are only larger total diameters available as any wider ones have the same sidewall ratio.
All of these things are surmountable and some had to already be done anyways due to other changes. ie emissions need to be redone anyways due to the CS tune.

Swapping to the M3/4 CS wheel package would cost peanuts and would improve performance, yet they did not do so likely because they need to handicap the M2CS.

The diameter change to M3/4 19" tire sizes is less than that to M3/4 18" tire sizes. I am running 18" M3/4 tire sizes on a bone stock M2C without any issues. The TC, ABS, etc have a measure of adaptability built in.