Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmanR8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
If it's just auto ADD
Don't settle for less than SPARS code "DDD". Back in the 80s those CDs were highly regarded and usually more expensive than "AAD" and "ADD". And let's face it: it was kinda silly money grabbing. But hey, top of the pecking order fed to your top-notch fully-fledged stereo rack (which, of course equally featured a cassette deck with 'auto reverse' gimmick to play 'Extended Version' audio recorded onto your C90 Maxell tapes).

Nowadays there is nostalgia for retro/oldskool 'analog' again, static/dust ticks and 'turntable needle on vinyl humming' that reconnects to the 'condition humaine' of a youth era in a non-sterile environment. The call for things that are gradually phased out like manual transmission, naturally aspirated engines, hydraulic steering, real clickable control buttons, 'kick in the nads' exhaust rumble, lack of nosy interfering tech stopping you in your tracks throwing codes and 'limp mode' at you 'for your own good', etc. But we gotta move on and adapt.

So to return to OP's query: keep that V10 R8.

P.S.: without 'auto reverse' Quincy Jones would have never recorded the MJ pop song "Human Nature": see here.

Attachment 2207529
Thanks for all the replies. I never set out to compare My R8 to the TTRS/M2 CS "apples to apples"- obviously not a fair comparison looks and overall performance-wise.This is a "risk-benefit" situation and I wanted to elicit opinions regarding using the equity on my R8 to trade it in on the 2020 TTRS or BMW M2 CS. The negatives on owning an R8 (to ME) are the constant attention, fart can owning teens and mini vans always daring me to race, worries about where to park it and where it was "safe" to drive, future repair costs (once even the extended warranty is up), and limited storage/luggage space. The positives are all that everyone said above. I live in Upstate NY and even though I could drive it in the snow with proper tires, I could never do that to this car given salt is used to melt snow on the roads up here. My DD for the salty winters is a 2004 (!) BMW X5 with 160k mikes. That being said, I LOVE my R8 and will most likely keep it and purchase an extended warranty. I know I would regret getting rid of it in the end.
OP, I'm gonna throw out a wild suggestion: Sell the R8 and get BOTH the M2C AND the TTRS. I know it sounds insane, but here's my logic behind it.

1. From what I see on Autotrader, the 2015 R8 V10+ commands > $100k

2. There are plenty of examples of incredibly low mileage M2C popping up for sale now, with significant discount off original MSRP. As someone described it, these are, "Oh s***, I'm in over my head," cars, where you can get an amazing deal. I would imagine there are examples of this happening with the TTRS too

3. As a result, for roughly the same money, you would end up with 2 cars for your R8

4. Both cars seem to fly under the radar, so no more gawking and unwanted attention. And neither car is the car that Iron Man drives, so you won't need to worry so much about parking, vandalism, etc., etc.

5. The TTRS would be a really good winter car, given AWD (and because it's not a super car, you won't mind the salt too much), meanwhile the M2C is the perfect warm weather hooligan car - it feels fun at nearly any speed

6. If you need practicality, the M2C has good cabin space, adequate trunk, etc., etc. It's my daily driver, and I got 2 kids seats in the back for my 4 and 6 year olds

7. Finally, every single one of us on this forum suffers from Auto ADD. It's fun getting and playing with new toys. In your case, you'd get 2 new toys for the price of 1!!!
Appreciate 1
Conissah1576.00