View Single Post
      09-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #20
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Well, FWIW "Dinan" the company no longer has anything to do with Steve Dinan, the original founder.

Dinan is owned by the same parent company as APR these days ("Driven Performance Brands"), and that parent company is then owned by a big "capital holdings company" (Sentinel Capital Partners) whose main purpose is to purchase companies, lay off a bunch of people and "optimize."

They seem to exist just to "pump and dump" whatever they buy. They presumably give zero fucks about enthusiasts who buy the parts, and the ultimate corporate owner is only in it for money. I personally would avoid any brand in this portfolio out of principle.
This is a shame to hear. I had heard about Steve Dinan's departure, but didn't realize the company has shifted so far from its roots.

What pisses me off though is regardless of Dinan's current state of affairs, the dealership and on a larger scale BMW USA sold(sell) and installed these products for many years. It's not a smart idea on their part to abandon the customers that bought those products from them when all was well in the BMW/Dinan world.

One of the biggest selling points of using dealer installed Dinan parts was the peace of mind that either Dinan or BMW had your back for warranty issues. Now the current policy at my dealer is when a BMW part breaks its the fault of the Dinan product they installed. If I would of known I was going to be abandon, I would have just installed one of the many other high quality brand coilovers on the market from the get go.
Appreciate 0