View Single Post
      09-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB88 View Post
New to the Bootmod3 club. Any tips on Data logging. E.g. Boost level,Knocking, values to keep an eye on.Total newb when it comes to looking at data logs... Running stage 1 91octane with a sports cat. Intercooler and charge pipes install next week. I tried search and youtube with no luck. Thanks in advance.
I'm not expert by any means, just sharing what I do and look for.

- Make sure you're in DSC Off mode. Car might limit power and do some other foolery that will make the logs wonky in other modes
- Do a 4th gear pull on the highway from ~3000rpm to redline
- Check for misfires
- Check for knocks. 1-2 random knocks per pull is okay. Some more knocks may be okay too, if they were event based and not random. For example, sometimes lifting the throttle from 100% to 0% can cause a knock. I haven't seen anything like this in my car, but stuff like that can be normal. Like there could be something you're doing that is tripping the knock sensor.
- Make sure your HPFP is hitting target levels and not dropping off.
- Make sure timing is fairly consistent between all cylinders. Some deviation is okay.
- Look at other peoples logs and see how they compare to your own.

I've been learning a little about how to read boost, AFR, WGDC, MAF, and MAP, but don't understand enough to explain any of that yet.
Appreciate 1
nioh_lbbm21716.50