View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 12:06 PM   #13
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
Excellent, just cosmoline as I had mentioned earlier!

But at least you found the source of the actual leak.

Now do the coilover kits come with struts?

If not, BMW may very well blame the drop that the springs provide, which could have attributed to the premature wear.

Hopefully it all works out....if not I'd file a claim with Dinan.

Keep us posted!
The Dinan coilover kit does not come with struts, its basically a spring kit. I spoke to Dinan before hearing back from the dealer. They told me they have never heard of this happening on an M2 from the coilover kit. They also said while it could reduce strut life by 5k-10k miles, they haven't seen one fail before 75k miles of constant use. My car had these installed about 2k miles ago and my total mileage is 3800. He laughed when I told him this.

Got a call later from the dealership and long story short they are going to replace the shocks, but specified that if they break again they will not be covered under warranty. This is the same dealer that installed the Dinan coilover for me. I was told they don't provide the Dinan installation service anymore. These were installed too Dinan recommended ride height settings by the dealer. I have never messed with them nor do I drive the car on the track.

This dealer isn't known for their customer service. Everything is always a fight, but they are the only one close to me. Car is going in next week, one weird thing is they said they need to keep it overnight. I love how most youtubers can swap struts in a couple hours around the whole car, but the professionals need 36 hours to get the job done.
Appreciate 0