View Single Post
      08-28-2019, 07:02 PM   #156
acl26
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray for Mojo View Post
I guess the part about your fuel being crap and never verified with logs didn't sink in. Keep blaming those sticky tires though. People are jerks when it's pretty clear not an ounce of due diligence was done. I genuinely felt sorry for the OP until he was blaming the car for not being stout enough. The whole timeline of events was just ridiculous to me. Spend a few hours reading, do your homework and bad stuff usually won't happen.
You mean using extra octane and running extra supporting mods on stage 1 OTS tune for barely 10% more power needs careful monitoring to ensure it doesn't explode? Idk, that kind of sounds like "delicate" to me.

I don't think there were any cases like this before to reference on. If there were, I am sure people would be more careful, including me, if there were any info on exploding n55s.

In hindsight, obviously many things could have been done to make the situation better. But the reality is that this combination of mods is common and people have been confident with it. So, why would anyone at the moment believe our "robust" engine would have issues. As well according to your bad gas comment then I guess all people from west coast will need some pretty robust prep work to track their M2s.

Even if that is the situation of bad gas, that is regular knocking.

In this case, it is assume that is was super knocking that cause this which runs similar principles of pre-ignition but the conditions for causing it are different. Haven't seen much articles saying how super knocking could be prevented altogether. Unless you have.

Super knocking is LSPI and oil related. that's all I am going to say, whether you can comprehend if that relates to super knocking is well...
Appreciate 0