View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 10:11 AM   #24
joseyu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 17 488GTB, 16 Cayman S

Try telling a dealer that there are many people running the same mods with no engine failure and that's why it is BMW's fault. I am pretty sure the warranty will be denied right away. If the OP has a pretty good relationship with the service department at the dealer, I think the best way forward is to fess up about what happened and ask for some good will. There are certain strings that the dealer can pull and they would love to do a job like this because of all the labor involved. I wouldn't go in there guns blazing accusing BMW of building a faulty engine because other people have used the same mods with no failure. Good luck to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
I certainly can not be certain beyond a doubt but I do believe that the odds are in my favor of being correct. There's way too many people running these mods and more with no engine failure. There's a thread of an M2 being converted entirely to a track car and regularly raced competitively with no engine failure. When the dust settles I still think that this is a motor failure that would have happened regardless if modded or not. Time will tell. We're all just guessing at this point.
2015 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Appreciate 0