Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Walking into a dealer and ordering a new high demand product, only shows the sales person you're willing to pay whatever they ask because you're fill with euphoria over the new exciting product and they could get away and charge whatever they want. They love that it, their job just becomes paper-pushing, with no silly sales pitch required..

I've gotten the best deals on my BMWs by playing the whole "hard to get" game like when you're desperately trying to get a girl and she pretends that she's one of kind and unswayable.. My last deal they saw I was very knowledgeable about the 235 (Thanks 1addicts), so he hit me with the whole "we can't discount the 235 because it's a niche product, blah, blah" I rudely walked out in the middle of the conversation and told him I'm going another BMW dealer a few miles away... He called me 5 mins later and told me if I came back, they could discount $5,000 off the sticker and the manager will write a check on my behalf to BMW Financial Lease return for $2,000 because I gave them back my 135i with Michelin Super Sports instead of BS run flats they provided, which they claim were "cheaper" tires...

This is not a new iPhone, I would wait it and see how it plays out after the initial hype dies down, if you care to pay less. Like for instance, when I had the bug and was browsing for a new M2, a little over a year ago; the dealers were acting like this car was engineered by Jesus himself and runs on premium holy water; so mark-ups are a must.. Now the same exact car is discounted by thousands, if you play your cards right.. long story short, don't buy into the hype, it's just a car..
I'm in the super happy position to get a "fleet" discount. This means 25-30% off marp, zero mockup and being #1 on their queue. I think this is a very nice position
Well, if you have that kind of pull, you're a lucky guy. Most don't have that option and have to role-play with the dealers to get a fair shake.
Appreciate 1