05-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #24
Arnold_Powers
that M guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
I don't think it has ever closed on me while driving. I even tried to notice what happens when I turn off the car. Here's what I noticed so far.

Double click to open, double click to close. When open it keeps blinking every 5 seconds to let you know it is still open. When you turn off the car, it takes a few seconds to realize and then it lights on for a couple of seconds to let you know that it will close the valves and the blinking stops. But as I peek in the exhaust it is still open until I am back to turn it on I find it closed.

I had to figure all of this on my own since the dealer who installed it did not give me the manual and thought I would enjoy figuring this out. :|

I love the exhaust, traction "hidden" mode is still king whether valves are on or off.

What bothers me most is the cold start, the exhaust shakes and wiggles and it is extremely loud. First day I got it my wife's cayenne's alarm went on, which was cool for 5 seconds. Glad it didn't happen again though. The moving exhaust issue was also noted on the review posted a few days ago (M Performance Exhaust worth it or not?". So I assume it wasn't an installation issue.
the shake is not normal, my M2 Performance Edition had this horrible shake and rattle and I put it on a lift and saw the clamp was somewhat loosened and the exhaust canister had been pushed back about 1in and was hitting the heat shields. easy fix. didn't want the dealer touching it.