View Single Post
      01-14-2017, 05:39 AM   #65
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzzzzzwik View Post
quite easy to spot the oldies on this thread i am not exactly a high school kid myself, and though I am certainly going to miss the sound of an engine; lets be honest here, we will run out of fossil fuel. Electric cars are the way forward, unless something else comes along, but nothing will have the sound of an IC engine. I'll always keep an IC car, but will happily embrace an electric M. just because I am old fashioned and like horses, doesnt mean I'll ride a horse to work. Sure I might go horse riding once in a while, but if its impractical then thats that. Cant really understand all the fuss.
We have centuries of fossil fuel left if we do nothing. Supplementing it with corn, etc, no we will never run out. We can make it synthetically. Electric cars may be the future. But not outselling ic for 20+, probably more. Theres just too many unsolveable problems at this point. Recharging and storage capacity top of the list. Next environmental impact, which is 1000 times worse, and overheating. Sure, they will progress incrementally, but there's no huge leap coming anytime soon. Batteries were developed initially for the navy for subs decades ago. That tech is almost maxed out and won't get us to the charge it in 5 min necessay. Charge stations everywhere like gas stations ain't happening anytime soon. Etc.

Until they get these things fixed, its a novelty and not a viable option.

The spin out there put out by the liberal left is;
1. Its superior. Its not. Just different.
2. Its good for the environment. Actually the exact opposite.
3. Its inevitable. No. Not at all. I'd guess corn oil powered, or hydrogen powered fuel cells will be the tech of the future.
4. Cost effective. Not without taking my money and using it to buy someone else's car irs not. As in tax subsidies. And those are going to be gone in short order.

People think its superior because its different. Its electronic like my phone so it must be better. What a joke. They can't even make an electric lawn mower better than a gas one yet. Its got one trick. 0-60. It does 60+ terrible, range terrible, fueling terrible, environment terrible, no sound which prevents accidents, etc. Waiting for a law requirong cars running on electric to emit noise for safety purposes.

Sorry. I'll take my awd ic 600hp anyday.
Appreciate 0