View Single Post
      01-13-2017, 06:05 PM   #45
IS+1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (AW 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agni View Post
Technological progress won't stop for you, either get with it or you will be left behind.
And if you are so in love with a v8 M3. Guess what buy a e92 M3 now and keep it forever.

My plan is to get an M2 or a slightly used e92 M3 and keep it forever as it will be one of the last great drivers cars.
I don't think any of us intend to get left behind - we will embrace whatever the future brings because we will have no choice. And who knows... maybe we will come to love the electric M cars, or maybe we won't.

The point is we will miss not having the option of having a gas-powered M-car, or a gas-powered car period, and this is a normal reaction. And before that day comes, the manual transmission will disappear, and many of us will understandably be upset about that, but we will pull ourselves together and move on.

Bu we will always think back and reminisce about the good old days, and I think you will probably do the same, as from your comment about buying an M2 or slightly used E92 M3 and keeping it forever, you clearly get just how irreplaceable cars like this will be.

In the end we are all car guys here, and seeing something you love about to become a thing of the past is never easy.
Appreciate 0