View Single Post
      10-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #11
Twt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Wheel BMW View Post
That's awesome, we would love to see more M2 owners like you enjoying the car on the track.

Would 18x10 ET35 square with 10mm spacer up front work for 275/35/18 tires? We haven't tested this setup, so we can't advertise it. We also read that lowering or camber would clear the front better with this squared setup.
This is always the trade off debate. I also track my cars 25+ days/year. I admit I am new to the M family so I really appreciate input from this forum. I bought the M2 to drive to the track and back home with a minimum of prep and a maximum of fun(speed). I know the BMW crowd loves a square set up, but most of them tell me it is for tire wear issues first then to aid turn in second. When looking and reading about this car it seems that the car rotates well, especially with nannies off and that reducing the rear, in comparison to the front , this may create more oversteer. So, I am still leaning towards a larger staggered wheel set up, like 9.5-10.5. I don't give a flip about tire wear....I am 65k into the car so tire costs are like the tail wagging the dog. One last point, I also need the nannies to work properly on the way to and from the track, so if I drive home on a square set I loose this feature and piss off the computer. Any thoughts on the above will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0