View Single Post
      06-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #277
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe View Post
I can see what you're trying to say here. However, the 2002 Hommage looks better 'in the flesh', as almost any BMW of the last 15 years. And you should not forget that they called it 2002 Hommage but actually meant 2002 Turbo Hommage.

By the way, SCOTT26, I'm still interested in your answer to my earlier question ;-)

Quote from someone who saw it.
Quote:
They had a Black Badge Dawn with some sort of maroon leather (I forgot the official name) and a brilliant white one with light brown leather & dark brown wood @ the Concorso d'Eleganza. Stunning! Such a contrast! No pics, sorry. They locked our phones during the stay in the VIP pavilion. And it's against the etiquette trying to play a paparazzo @ VIP event. I just hate people who try to take advantage of having a VIP pass & access. Idiots!

The previews were not available @ on public & press days @Villa Erba though. They were presented on May 22nd in the VIP pavilion in the garden @ Villa d'Este hotel. Together with G30 5er in Excellence Line (in Imperial Blue + cream leather), and i8 Roadster in Proton Red with black leather. Drop dead gorgeous display.

Nice VIP event indeed. The weather served us well too. BMW Shuttle Service (7ers and X5s) was available for VIPs - to transfer them from their hotels & villas along Lake Como and Milano to Villa d'Este or / and Villa Erba. Unfortunately the roads between Como and Cernobbio were completely jammed (as was the public event @ Villa Erba). It would be wiser next time BMW provides boat shuttle service ... on the lake itself. Otherwise you're stuck with a chauffeur (having some small talk) and / or listening to the classical masterpieces.

Btw, road-screening-based adaptive suspension in 7er works brilliantly at low speeds (at least). Got a ride in X5 to Milano though. So, no highway 7er experience as rear-seat passenger, sorry. X5 is not that great for a rear-seat ride on a highway though.

I'm not really accustomed to such VIP events. They seem a bit surreal to me. But since it's all part of the job the feeling is different I guess. If you're there for pleasure only / mainly I guess the feeling is a bit different. I wouldn't know though.

Monaco GP was a similar experience. Thanks god I had a few free days before the event so I also got some pleasure to. On my own level ... which is much more common. Nice experience. Next year there is a quite good possibility they'll engage me @ Cannes Film Festival. Now THAT would be VIP-galore & beyond surreal. And I thought the world of high-end politics was too surreal & VIPish. What a rookie! LOL!