02-06-2016, 12:37 AM   #100
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Well......I'll bet that not too long ago some blokes said that "if BMW M cars go by way of turbo and lose their all-motor "spirit", they'll lose me". The most difficult thing about change isn't the actual change itself, it's the build up to it and the anticipation of the new.

I really still don't think, however, that we will find Jimmy Hoffa.
You are right, people are nervous most while anticipating. But I don't see a lot of people complain anymore, and that is because the turbo engines BMW makes are easily the best in the business in my opinion. Sure, there is less sound than I the competitor turbo cars, but after driving the new Carrera S with the Turbos, the difference is massive. The throttle of the S63 responds a lot crispier than the Carrera, and for some reason, even though the Carrera is loud, the sound is disappointing to me, as it is the same tune played over and over and over again, as if it is pumped through the speakers, which it isn't. The AMG 4.0 biturbo is very good and sounds the best out of the turbo V8 ive seen/driven, the throttle response and power delivery simply doesn't match the S63, and the S55 actually, and that is when I can say that in my opinion, I'm certain that BMW can build The best engines. They might not build the best chassis anymore (even though I hope CLAR will be the top of the league!), but BMW have still got it with their engines!
Appreciate 0