02-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #50
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Not looking to dump it. Much better at flying after a few flights a day. Got two extra batteries for $18, so it's nice to get in at least 3 flights an evening.

Figured out that the transmitter has 2 rate modes. So i put it in the low rate mode and the control sensitivity and max input is cut by about 30%. This helped a lot at first.

I just started flying from one counter top to another and back again. Then waling behind it and flying in and out of rooms. I'm still no good, but i'm much better than i was on Tuesday.
It certainly is a practice thing. The more that you fly them, the easier that everything becomes. The biggest thing is actually getting used to what direction is forward at all times, though that comes with time as well.

My buddy and I both have 550s and a few Phantoms and we tried to get some interesting angles of us shooting the other day. Unfortunately, due to stupidity, none of the GoPros that were "recording" actually had a memory card in them. So much for that idea... The tannerite shot would have been pretty cool from about 20 feet away too...
Appreciate 0