View Single Post
      02-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
A few years ago AAA published an article about reasons for roadside failures and it showed flat tires on the road being very rare. In fact have had exactly 2 in hundreds of thousands of miles over 34 years of driving. One was road debris and took out the sidewall the other was totally my fault by not monitoring the inside edge of my rear tires on my E90 closely enough resulting in a failure. Because these failures are so rare car manufacturers have used that data and the push to save money, drop weight and make packaging easier as reasons to dump spares from many cars. These comfort kits are useless for all but the rarest of circumstances so I would not bet on them. Best thing to do is just call AAA or BMW roadside assistance through the SOS system, these days there aren't many areas that don't have coverage.
When I called they actually suggested I use the kit to put air in if it would hold air so I could drive some place rather than wait around for a flat bed. That's just one less random person messing with my car.
Appreciate 0