09-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #125
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig335d View Post
However I will still be very interested to see how this plays out and if you are stunned at how crap your modifications or if it will then become the perfect car that BMW should have produced and you can come on here, promote the modifications and receive adulation.
I have a prediction about how this will end............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Amen.

Hey, come on, guys... MR has always been 100% upfront with all of us in terms of his industry ties. Moreover, although I haven't been on this forum for very long, I've seen a number of instances firsthand where he's gone out of his way to help other members with their needs. He's one of the only true enthusiast "journalists" around, and on top of that, he's actually KNOWLEDGEABLE, which we don't see with any of the other industry figures!!!

I LOVE the M2C, and disagree with MR's review. In fact, if he ever comes to San Diego, I'd settle our disagreement via trial by combat... and then we'd have some cognac together. But, nonetheless, I respect his opinion and his review and I don't question his integrity. He's coming at this from a different perspective from mine, is all. He had the OG M2, which he loved and modded heavily. Then, he sold that beautiful car eagerly anticipating the M2C. And then a) the EU stuck the OPF on there, and b) BMW remapped the throttle to have less torque lower down in the rev range. I can very well imagine that if I were in MR's shoes, I might have a review that perfectly mirrors MR's. (For the record, my "review" was the exact opposite! Ha!)

I mean, you have an awesome car, you're excited about the next improved generation, and then OPF and lower torque down low? Of course you're gonna be upset! And MR has said so all along - every thread he's been consistent about knowing that he's going to have do a ton of mods to get the car to where it needs to be. And MR's review is perfectly valid for all the members who are considering going from OG M2 to M2C. (Think about all the official Ascari reviews where NOBODY mentioned any of this, all they did was gush about the car because they were there on an all-expenses paid vacation. MR was the only one who was truthful about both the improvements and the handicaps.)

Anyway, I really appreciate the content, and am looking forward to hearing about the evolution of MR's car, as there will be lessons learned, and then I may end up modding my car along similar lines, depending upon outcomes!

* Disclaimer: I'm an employee of MR's. Just joking, guys...
Appreciate 9
Moris3.00
COChris888.50
bri10425950.50
Hankdoll135.50
TProfit81.50
nomoracin761.00