I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I called BMW Genius this morning and got the answer I've been getting for a few weeks now that it's scheduled for production with no date; MyBMW Tracker says the same.

With seeing the posts above, I emailed my CA and he told me that it will start production September 11th! I have a feeling that he's just giving me the first date of W37 rather than a specific date from the system.

Now I'm concerned, but I've seen a screen that my CA emailed me a couple of weeks back that lists:

Req. Prod: 2017/09/37
Sub. Req. Prod.: 2017/09/37
Conf. Prod.: 2017/09/37

Est. Prod. Date: and Act. Prod. Date: at that time were both blank.

It's really confusing that all Bimmerpost threads suggest that the Production week is the week that the vehicle ends production, and my CA and BMW Genius both seem to believe it is the week that the vehicle starts production!
Yeah, everyone at BMW and dealerships is misinformed on all of this. I don't know why, but they are. "Production Date" should really be called "Production COMPLETION Date" or something.

That said, mine still hasn't gone 150 yet at least not according to the website or the automated number. (I don't want to bother actual people with looking it up for me, especially when the live Genius people seem to think you are stupid for asking about status two weeks ahead, since they all think "Production Date" is when it starts being built...)

I expect you and I will just get started a little later in the week. My dealership is tiny and low volume compared to the other two in the area, so I'm not surprised at the lack of preferential treatment. (My order went in within a few days of 2018s being open for ordering, so I don't think that has any bearing on what week you get.) OTOH, if I had stuck with the higher volume dealership that I wanted to use, I probably still wouldn't have an allocation yet, since I was 5th or 6th in line over there.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0