View Single Post
      12-20-2016, 02:37 AM   #690
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

I think he's telling the truth even if I can't guarantee it. I don't think their incentive for selling their HEA is so great that they will lie to people. That will eventually come back and hurt them long term.

I don't really know how the list works but I think it's a mutual list for all dealers, ie the list is at BMW Sverige and not at the dealers. I don't think it's like in the US where there are separate waiting lists for each dealership.

I know for a fact that different dealerships share the same ordering system and that they can see orders made from other dealerships. A friend had to order a car from Västerås due to his employer but since he lives in Uppsala he test drove the car here. He gave different email addresses but then Novation emailed him at the address he gave to M-Bilar.

It can be a good idea to "ringa runt" and ask though because maybe some dealer's got a customer who dropped off his M2 order and need someone to take over the slot.

Why do you want the car next December? Horrible timing IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh_SE View Post
So, just came from the dealer. He said delivery would be in about 12 months. He happened to have a HEA which he naturally was eager to sell, so maybe he tried to "scare" me with the 12 months delivery time..

Would you say it's still impossible for any dealer to give an estimate like that? He didn't check his list, but he had about 3-4 currently on the list, he said. Would you demand to see that list?

A 12 month delivery time would actually suit me quite well. Do you think there's a risk in ordering now and being say #5 or #6 for that dealer? I mean, could I end up completely without a car, even during the entire 2018?

ps. Are the amount of cars given per dealer set beforehand, or does it depend on how many orders each dealer has? For example, if a dealer in Stockholm has 20 people on the list, while a dealer in Göteborg has 10 people, do they still get the same amount of cars?

A lot of questions showcases my eagerness to become an M2 owner.. Thank you for your insights!
Appreciate 0