View Single Post
      12-25-2020, 01:40 PM   #43
GarageMadness
MDM = Must Drive More
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Apex EC-7s are a great looking wheel in my opinion. To that extent I bought them before I even took delivery of my M2C. Lots of discussion on forums on tire sizes. I agree with you on the 30 series aspect ratio being a bit harsh for DD. However reading each tire spec makes a big difference on what you might pick. Even same size tires have different measurements in aspect ratio, diameter on the wheel, and track width. My suggestion would be to evaluate whether you really want wheels or happy with 788s. Once that's been decided then go with the tires you want with the best fit.

I personally like stock wheels on my car but want slightly larger width wheel to go +1 and still maintain the stock stretched look with most tires. Generally, cross section width increases even with same size tire as you go up in wider wheel size once mounted and load is placed on it after proper inflation.

So 255/275 with 35 series aspect ratio might be what I land up with in the end to avoid any fender liner issues as I will also be using MP coils in the near future and have similar ride quality to stock without additional risks of pinched flats on 30 series tires.

I'm driving the car through winter in stock form so I can sit with my decisions and truly experience the car in stock from before camber, wheels, tires, suspension, modifications.