View Single Post
      02-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #241
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstyle View Post
I think most are passing on it because it commits you to a bunch of accessories and a $2500 track day that could easily be had separately. And there's really nothing special about it except that the US is one of the only countries where you couldn't already order the car this way (base spec).
This is all true. BMW is working a different marketing strat in the US then in other parts of the world. Not bad, not dumb, just what they are doing. I do wonder about the "bunch of accessories". I am buying this car because its basically stripped. Actually, its the same way I ordered my 1M and that was right around $50k so adding the exhaust and coil overs, while not a deal, don't seem to bad price-wise. I do hope the $2,500 track day is more then just that as I do 25 track days a year and have done 3 Perf Deliveries and am bored with them.

Bottom line is this. If you are a BMW fan and like the M2 and put any value in a "limited Edition" release, this is a deal. I compare it to my friend who just spent $61k on a Alfa 4C. A beautiful car and great fun but not nearly the beast the M2 is and not limited in production. Plus, who wants an Italian car anyway! (kidding)