11-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #44
K-Fab
Dirt Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Subscribed!

I'd swear that video was out of my cockpit. I have EXACTLY the same issue.

I got my car out this weekend (Inde Motorsports Ranch in Willcox, AZ - new pavement, FUN track) for the first time since getting all the suspension installed and set up.

Present setup:
9.5 & 10.5 x 19 Apex EC-7 wheels
Toyo R888R sneakers - 265 & 295 running 36-37 hot
RSR cage
Pagid Yellows (this is changing next round)
Ground Control camber plates (noisy things) and Turner adjustable rear toe arms
Ölins R&T suspension both front and rear are 10 clicks out (will play with these next round)
Ride height is 8 mm lower than stock (supposed to be 10mm lower). There was an intentional reason for the higher setting that's been addressed (trailer setup).
Car is set at 3 degrees camber, zero toe front
1.9 camber, presently mentally blank on toe in - 1 degree, I believe.

Manners are fantastic right up to starting to add throttle after apex and the back end gets twitchy, often leading to nice high speed drifting (can be fun, can make one's butt pucker).

It's quite consistent left or right handers and as the OP stated, the faster, more open sweepers seem to be more problematic than the tighter stuff.

I'll take the steps OP has as far as preload and ride height (I'm sitting too high - definitely in the rear) and see what happens next month at a smaller, tighter track (Wild Horse Pass - Bondurant course).

I really hope I can dial it in w/o going to a softer spring rate. I do agree that they seem to be pretty stiff the way Öhlins sets them up.

Other than this, the car is brilliant to drive on the track.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'" - Anonymous
Appreciate 0