View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #43
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
I appreciate your input, but you are talking about a different chassis here. We've tried everything. So when we talk clicks, we always talk from full stiff back to full soft. 0 being fully stiff and 20 being fully soft.

I've tried 7 all around, 12 all round, and 20 in the rear with 12 in front. Nothing really helped hugely with this issue.

The biggest change in positive handling characteristics was when the rear shock length was adjusted to the correct 55/45 compression to droop ratio.

The car with these spring rates are so stiff that can't even touch a single curb on track, or the car literally gets thrown off the curbs.

The last theory is that the setup is extremely over sprung. Which if you look around no other big name manufacturer provides their setup with such high spring rates.

Going to install the new springs when I get a chance and give it a try again.
It am very interested in hearing your feedback, what you are saying makes prefect sense. I always try to talk people out of stiffer springs, in general. They tend to hurt overall performance more than help. This also seems to be the general consensus from vendors, manufactures, etc.

Edit: I am also curious as to what you hot tire temps are after 5 laps? With RE71-Rs it seems your optimal grip arrives around lap 4 to 6, track, temp, etc. depending. You might want to remove 3 psi from the rear only as a test. Without knowing the hot temps though, maybe more, maybe less. For RE71s it seems 33-35 hot is best, very hard to keep them in that range unless is a cooler day.

Last edited by M2joey; 11-10-2020 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0