View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #33
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
Maybe a poor choice of words on my part; I’m reaching the bump stops more than I’d like, which depending on the tires I’m running, also means I get some pretty significant tire rub.

I might be able to address by stiffening the shocks (running 11 clicks from full firm all around for our bumpy tracks), but current setting works well everywhere else. Probably still something I should experiment with. The current tires really had me focused on it as they’re a bit taller than what I was running before.

If softer springs with stiffer damping will control travel better, I’ll be interested in hearing so. As I said, I may be looking at how to address all wrong, so please do let us know.
I would suggest measuring the rod length of the rear shock. You should have about 55mm including the bump stop when the car is on the ground.

I run a taller tire in the rear (295/35/18) and ride a lot of the curbs on the track and haven't had any issues with the suspension bottoming out / hitting the bump stops.

I even ran the rear shocks at 20 clicks soft to test and still didn't get to the bump stops on track.
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50