10-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #30
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
More updates on this, with the new settings that Ohlins recommended the car is a bit better but as the tires wear, still running into similar issues, just not as bad. After spending another day at the track trying to get a feel as to what is going on and what to do, I was lucky enough to have a pro driver who has a lot of experience give me his thoughts.

The main issue he noted is that the spring rates that Ohlins supplies with this kit is way too stiff, 90N/mm front (~513 lbs/in) and 190 N/mm rear ( ~1084 lbs/in).

Just ordered 70N/mm front (~399.71 lbs/in) and 120 N/mm (685.21 lbs/in) springs.

Also will be switching up the tires too, the A052's sidewalls are too soft, going to try the Nankang AR1's.

I will update this thread once I have some more information, might be useful for those who track their M2C and want to have an idea of a better setup to run than out of the box stuff Ohlins offers.
Interesting. I find the springs a bit on the soft side on track. Car bottoms on compressions in the rear. I’ve actually been considering stiffer springs for the rear if I stick with the staggered wheel/tire package to also get a bit less understeer, or all around if I go back to square.

I’ll be interested to hear how those rates work for you though. I know TC Kline recommends significantly softer rates with his coilovers.

Maybe I’m thinking about this wrong.
Appreciate 0