View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 10:23 PM   #49
tux2005
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

As an intermediate student I destroyed the shoulders of my stock MPSS in 4 days so I definitely considered track wheels worth it. Mind you, that was also without camber plates.

I paid $1640 for 18" RE71s a month ago, I normally paid a little less for RS4s but the shop was sold out of them for the season (I prefer their life even if the performance isn't as good, as others have also commented). Getting track wheels lets you go down to 18"s (obviously only on OGs or M2C without the bigger brakes) which gives you more options and cheaper tires.

I don't think the Indy 500s are that great for use as a track tire on our cars, I can't say that I've know many people to use them at my track days but I think they're generally considered decent for more affordable street use but don't really hold up that well on track or perform that well. They're great value but most F80/82/87 people that I've tracked with are running the MPSS, PS4S, Cup 2s, RS4, RE71 or NT01s, the latter 4 being the more common track tires.
Appreciate 0