Thread: B-street setup
View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 06:19 AM   #187
digitalseance
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAWhisper View Post
Yeah, I definitely do not want to code out TPMS because I want to know if my daily driver tires are leaking. Are there are any known negative effects if you simply put on non TPMS wheels? The Owner's Manual says it will throw a big error, but does it prevent you from turning DSC off?
The TPMS will go off if it detects a drop in pressure passed a predefined threshold in one or more tires. For example, I run 32-35psi on the street but for autox I run 28psi. Without fail the TPMS would go off on first run because 28psi (albeit a safe street pressure) was too far off where it was used to monitoring. If you ran your autox pressure on the street, this wouldn't be an issue.

Everytime I crank up the car I get the warning message on the display. I just hit OK and everything runs as normal except of the 1 alert message (I get 2 b/c of my tire rack windshield banner blocking part of the front facing camera lol). At events, I pull up to my grid spot, put the car in sport+ and turn DSC off. I don't touch the electronics nor turn the car off until the heat is over (sometimes 2+hrs). When finished, I just air back up and head home. TPMS is just a warning and doesn't interfere if you have it removed, only if they trip while driving will it impact (jaringly as I've described) you.

My '18 LCI is 100% stock sans RE71s and had the TPMS's removed entirely. Kept them for reinstallation should I ever decide to part ways.

Video for inspiration:

Last edited by digitalseance; 10-04-2020 at 06:26 AM..
Appreciate 0