10-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #186
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
The car will go into "comfort" mode if the TPMS detect "low" tire pressures, which is anything below 30PSI, I believe. Obviously, if you're running tires at 32 or 33 hot, when they're cold you might get a low pressure warning that throws you out of sport/sport+. Pain in the ass if you're about to get onto the track, as me how I know... You have to stop the car and trigger a reset, which will let you switched back into a different mode while the TPMS remeasure, after which you can hopefully have them up to temp/pressure.

I think most folks tend to get them because it's cheaper and less of a pain in the ass to try and code out: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=24

I've been wondering if there's a way to drop the "low" value from 30 to 28 or 26PSI, because I'd like to know if the tires are leaking or flat, but not if I just like them low...

I usually leave the car in sport+ (with Euro MDM and M4GTS diff settings) because full DSC off can get you sideways fairly quickly especially when the rear is unloaded and you get back in the gas too quickly (at least in my experience).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAWhisper View Post

In my E46, I ran 18" wheels with no TPMS, Koni Yellow shocks, and a front sway bar. I ran RE71R's until recently when I switched to Supercar3's which worked much better. The E46 did not care if TPMS was removed other than it would give me a nuisance light every once in a while. The car had a binary sport mode that simply advanced the throttle mapping so most of the throttle control was in in the top half of the pedals movement, which was frankly just stupid so I left it in normal mode for better control.

What size supercar3s? Better overall or just better grip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post

I usually leave the car in sport+ (with Euro MDM and M4GTS diff settings) because full DSC off can get you sideways fairly quickly especially when the rear is unloaded and you get back in the gas too quickly (at least in my experience).
How do you get euro mdm and m4gts diff settings?