Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinchmas View Post
I recently purchased the Turbosmart BOV for the stock turbo that vents to atmosphere but haven't yet installed it. Is this something that my tuner could compensate for or is it too much trouble?
If you are referring to the dual port that has a plumb back and vent to atmosphere option, it will work you will just run a little rich. Even a straight vent to atmosphere version will work, it will just run rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Damn this is crazy... How'd you get the lithium battery to work?
Just plug and play. I've heard you're supposed to have the car coded for it to reset something, but I didn't do it and it's been running fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
water pump still need to be moved for this turbo setup?
No, the mid-size frame of the Garrett turbo allows you to keep the water pump in the stock location.
You should have it coded.

If it's a new car and going to same size / amperage (Cold cranking amps) and type of battery you can get away with it, but should code the new battery anyway.

If you're changing type of battery you could lower its life span by not having it coded.

The ECU charges the battery based on size / type and age, and adapts the charging based on those variables. So older batteries will get sent a high voltage and charged more than newer batteries as they generally need more charge the older they get.

Just my two cents though
Appreciate 0