View Single Post
      09-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
imolam3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 Imola M3, 2017 AW M2 PE

I was told the vehicle only has 1 CAN address and can't be sending data to 2 different sources. I believe Tom said the same issue came up with JB4 installed and running AWRON at the same time.

Can you connect to the OBD2 port with a device power on and see if your AIM Solo is running normally while driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
This seems odd to me. From what I understand, data loggers just "sniff" traffic on the canbus. The data isn't being sent directly to it.

If the t was the cases, everything that relies on the canbus in your car would fail to work the second you tapped a data logger into it.

I run an aim solo 2 dl on the track that I have tapped directly into the canbus from the FEM in the passenger footwell. Don't have a performance steering wheel, but again, I don't see why this would be a problem short of the network not being able to handle the additional bandwidth.

Honestly don't know enough about it to be sure. I guess I could plug another data logger (Bluetooth to Harry's laptimer for example) into my OBD port and see what happens.
2017 Alpine White M2 Performance Edition
Appreciate 0