05-26-2020, 12:36 AM   #19
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcrf250r View Post
We as weekend track day warriors will benefit from none of those benefits running for 20 minutes at an hpde.
That depends on how fast you are, for some people your statement would be true for others it wouldn't.

I don't know about you, but for me I have disintegrated the seals on every single car I owned taking them to the track because the brakes simply could not withstand the heat. I also had an m235i and those brakes not only had their seals destroyed but the color changed from blue to dark green (the m2C's silver would likely tarnish and turn dark grey or black), I'm sure the same would occur to the m2 but I haven't taken mine to the track yet. My m235i also experienced sevre brake fade which was solved when I got a BBK, so yes a larger brake kit would help. So yes these improvements would absolutely benefit someone who can push their car hard on the track.

Edit- I also meant to say that the 2NH are not bad at all, they probably have little to zero fade vs. the stock blue brakes, they will just experience damaged seals and color fading over time.

Last edited by F87source; 05-26-2020 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0