View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #82
maddoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36-E82-F87-7P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I've always loved this V6 TDI. We had a 2009 Q7 TDI and logged lots of miles on it until they offered us the very generous buyback due to dieselgate.

You have the Gen2 engine. How do you like it? I do not think there was a true fix for either V6 TDIs. I have read that the EPA just forced VW to buy back 85% of the Audi/VW/Porsche TDIs or be penalized heavily per vehicle if they do not meet that number. This is probably the reason why they were very generous with the offers.

I stumbled upon this one while shopping for a Jettasportwagen. I have since mounted Audi Q7 21" wheels with summer tires. I have done a good baseline by doing the fuel filter, fluid updates for the transfer case, rear diff, and front diff. I also did the transmission service (fluid/filter).
The V6 TDI is beastly. And that's correct, I believe mine was also a part of the buy back. I purchased it CPO'd with a 2 year warranty due the TDI issues.

I'm in the process of adding a Malone Tuning Stg 2 tune. Love the wheels! I've been looking for a set, I always loved the look of those wheels back when they showed up on the B7 RS4.
Appreciate 0