View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #33
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Thumbs up Stud Conversion Kit + 5mm Spacers

well, in preparation for the ApexRaceParts wheels and tires that i ordered, i found the time to install a stud conversion kit and try out some 5mm spacers.

sourced the parts from:
- Rogue Engineering (Stud Kit)
- Black Forest Industries (Spacers)

**excuse the filthy car

PARTs + TOOLS

Used a screw driver and MF towel to prevent the fronts from spinning - Optional (but helpful for solo DIY)

cleaned each opening with brake cleaner just to get rid of any debris that can cause any issues with the thread locker.

applied a drop of thread locker (RED) to each stud.

hand tightened each of the studs

torqued the studs between 20-30 lb-ft (got information from youtube - please do research beforehand for your specific application)

BFI spacers have always been nice. they even have the BFI logo laser etched on one side (sorry for the blurry pic).

applied some anti-seize on both sides to prevent the spacer from getting stuck. i've seen friends get their spacers fused with either the hub or the wheel. not fun...

mount the wheels back on and torque the wheels back to the correct settings.

let the thread locker cure for a few hours. i waited at least 24 hours before taking the car out for a drive.

i will share the spacer results after the car has had a decent washing. thanks for visiting...

**above post is meant for sharing only. will not be responsible for anyone/anything that uses this as reference for their installations and/or projects.
Appreciate 0