View Single Post
      02-18-2018, 04:41 PM   #55
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Installed the 997 "ducts" today but they don't actually sit in any air flow (like they do on a 996/997)...are we sure they are actually doing anything?

Did everyone also cut the brake rotor shield to allow more air? When I checked, there's already a gap (albeit not a big one) which should allow air to flow to the inside of the rotor...

Did anyone cut/trim the bottom of tray to allow for more air-flow to hit the duct?

Either way, don't think its going to do any harm...just don't know how effective they will be
I did cut a hole in the protection plate.

In my "scientific" testing over 25 track days last year, the air spoilers did hold off fade into hard sessions by about 5-min longer. The brakes also seemed to cool off quicker if you backed off half a lap when hot.

I would still always get fade after 20-min, tho, so I just installed the AP Racing factory BBK to deal with longer sessions and open track days. Should solve the fade issue.

My front OEM calipers were toast. Nearly black colored and had a sticking piston from dust boot trash.
Appreciate 1