jnoyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BSM M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
Right, and with camber plates too, I presume given the amount of front camber you are getting.
Yeah, Dinan suspension and Vorslag plates.

The sidewall isn’t as stiff on the PS4 vs RE-71R or R888R, and it does roll over a little. Grip and feel is still good tho.

If you ran a 265 PS4 on a 9” OEM wheel exclusively for AutoX, I do think you would wear the shoulder off before the rest of the tire, even with -2.7 camber. But, I’m doubting this will be a pure AutoX setup for anyone.

I have a dedicated track wheel/tire set, but sometimes I’m not able to transport them so I just run on my daily PS4 OEM wheelset. Does great, minus some slight fender liner rub in the front.

I’m halfway contemplating 255/285 for my daily/occasional track set. I’m guessing times wouldn’t be any different, and there would be less shoulder wear and rub. Also guessing there would be a slight understeer increase, tho.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm thinking 255/275 RE-71s may be my starting point with this car, along with a front Dinan bar (and I'll put the rear bar I can't use in BS in the closet.) If 255/285 will result in more understeer (I think you're right about that), then backing off to 275 in the rear would restore the factory balance but with more grip from the RE-71s and a little more width. I'll run the stock 19s to save a little money. And I won't have clearance issues no matter how hard I push.

After the 2018 AX season, if I choose to go bigger, then the "perfect" Apex 9.5/10.5" 18 inch setup with coilovers, camber plates, and more tire with way more camber would be in order.
Appreciate 1
ZM22827.50