11-05-2017, 06:15 AM   #23
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
How do you code m2 to show true speed ?

It reads like 275/35/19 is a size that actually makes M2 speedo read more accurately - is this really the case ?
Yes, a larger diameter will make the speedometer read a "slower" speed, and since the standard setup is programmed to always read (real speed - 5kph), i.e. 3.1mph, it will slightly close that gap. In this case though, the delta will be speed dependent as opposed to the static 3.1mph offset since the diameter is now 1.1% larger.

It's a standard coding parameter -- at least in the E9x series, you can code the central display to show speed (stock is not to show digital speed); then you can choose to have it show factory offset value or true speed. It shows the coding parameter to have the actual speedometer analog gauge to show true speed, but apparently that is disabled on North American delivered cars for some reason. At least it is using Carly -- more than likely actually coding with NCSExpert or other tool would allow that too.

In any event, I used a Carly Gen 2 along with the Pro version of their app to change it along with other things I wanted to code on my cars.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0