Marlbombs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbombs View Post
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to code a single ignition press to start the car, and also turn the car completely off? I found this post but I wasn't sure if it pertained to our cars, specifically since I have a 6MT? Any info would be great. Thank you
On the 6MT, mine is a single press of the button to start with the (duh!) clutch depressed.

That's unmodified.

With Bimmercode, you can make it where a single touch of the button kills the car, and then everything will turn off (iDrive, etc.) as soon as you open the car door.

That's the closest I've found to what you want. It's something like "Shut off iDrive when door opened: Active".

If you find a better way, post up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbombs View Post
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to code a single ignition press to start the car, and also turn the car completely off? I found this post but I wasn't sure if it pertained to our cars, specifically since I have a 6MT? Any info would be great. Thank you
?? It's a single press to start as standard. Press clutch, press button - it starts.

If you code "turn off idrive when you open the door" it kills everything then you open the door after a single press has stopped the engine.

EDIT - same comments as above....
Lol I'm an idiot disregard the ignition start question. I will look for the turn off idrive option in bimmercode. Thanks!
Appreciate 0