Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zFrostyy View Post
I beg to differ, what comes from an aftermarket tune is more than just what's on the dyno sheet.

You get throttle response, suspension tuning, exhaust sound, from what I hear but have yet to confirm is substantially less body roll. All the little details are better.

No one expects ridiculous gains from a Stage 1, that's not what Stage 1's are, atleast not from Dinan.

To condemn a entire stage 1 from Dinan just based on the dyno sheet is missing the point entirely.
I am ONLY asking about the tune. We know the intake and exhaust are purely cosmetic and personal preference. As for throttle response. If the graph follows the BMW M tune for 99% of the graph then the "throttle reponse" we would feel are the slight bumps for seat of the pant, throw you back feel.

What I read in the charts is that for once BMW M has maxed out an M car so that there isn't a need to "tune" it. Which to tell you the truth is why I traded in my 1996 328 and bought my 1997 E36M3. The cost to "tune" the 328 exceeded the price differential.

That said I still added a Conforti flash tune, AA exhaust, short shifter and Eibach sway bars. And nothing against Jim but truth be told I could not swear the tune really did much. It was just different.
Appreciate 0